COVID-19 Guidance and Resources for Employers
COVID-19 continues to challenge employers. The resources and materials included here are to help you most effectively navigate new legal requirements and manage your workforce during this evolving crisis. We’ve included federal and state resources, COVID-19 dedicated insurer sites, legal summaries, tools, sample policies/letters/templates and general guidance. Please check back frequently for updates and follow us on Twitter for additional, timely alerts.
- Delta Dental
- Empire BC
- Express Scripts
- Delta Dental
- Horizon BCBS of NJ, COVID-19 Guide
- Independence BC
- Members Health Plan of NJ
- USAble Life
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued a variety of guidance documents, downloadable posters, and other printable resources:
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings
- Resuming Business Toolkit
- SARS-CoV-2 Testing Strategy for Non-Healthcare Workplaces
- Social Media Toolkit (English, Spanish)
- COVID-19 News and Information Feed you can add to your website.
- Printable posters on: What you need to know, What to do if you’re sick, How to stop the spread, and more COVID-19 topics in several languages
- State and Territorial Health Department Websites (English, Spanish)
- Resources Created by Health Departments
- When You Can be Around Others After You Had or Likely Had COVID-19 (Multiple languages available)
- Workplace, School and Home Guidanceposter
- All CDC Guidance Documents
Get the CDC guidance for specific industries, latest updates, and resources on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) main page.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Partner Toolkit includes a variety of links for employers, individuals, communities for mental health resources, health care guidance, community action, and more.
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) resource page for workers and employers provides these posters and guidance:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – Frequently Asked Questions
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Required poster: Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (English, Spanish)
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Fact Sheet #70: Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Furloughs and Other Reductions in Pay and Hours Worked Issues
- COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- Unemployment Insurance Relief During COVID-19 Outbreak
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has created a landing page entitled What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19, which provides FAQs, links to resources, and guidance.
In response to COVID-19, the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19.
A Mental Health and Coping page provides links to resources employers can share with employees as they navigate changes brought about by the pandemic.
Find resources and information on COVID-19 Testing, including types of testing, availability, and contact tracing.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued the following:
- Coronavirus Tax Relief
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- Employee Retention Credit for Many Businesses Financially Impacted by COVID-19
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Accommodation and Compliance: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage links to resources for employers regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and coronavirus.
The National Governors Association (NGA) Coronavirus: What You Need to Know web page tracks state initiatives and other state data.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a COVID-19 website for workers and employers that addresses the disease and provides guidance and other resources for preventing exposure and infection.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has issued guidance entitled SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus, explaining how the SBA is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The SBA also offers Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources and information on the Paycheck Protection Program.
- State Resources
- NJ DOL
- NJ Earned Sick Leave, UE, NJTDB, FLI, WC
- NJ Use of Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Phone Numbers for State and Local Health Departments
Our vendor partner ThinkHR provides live support from their team of SPHR certified professionals, a complete library of up-to-date documents, resources, and templates, and over 200 online training courses for employer groups and their staff, to our clients at no charge. Below are additional helpful resources to help navigate the COVID-19 crisis:
- Acknowledgment of Receipt for Company Property
- COVID-19 FAQ
- COVID-19 in the Workplace (sample communication)
- Communication to Employees
- Deciding Who to Recall from Furlough or Layoff
- Employee Notice – Face Coverings
- Essential Business Letter (COVID-19)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- FFCRA Leave Request Form, Policy
- FFCRA Sample Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Furlough Letter (COVID-19)
- Return to Work Checklist
- Telecommuting Agreement, Checklist
- Webinars + 2-Minute Videos: COVID-19 in the workforce
- Welcome Back (COVID-19 Return to Work)
- Work from Home Agreement, Policy