In response to COVID-19, the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19.
A Mental Health and Coping page provides links to resources employers can share with employees as they navigate changes brought about by the pandemic.
Find resources and information on COVID-19 Testing, including types of testing, availability, and contact tracing.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued the following:
- Coronavirus Tax Relief
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- Employee Retention Credit for Many Businesses Financially Impacted by COVID-19
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Accommodation and Compliance: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage links to resources for employers regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and coronavirus.
The National Governors Association (NGA) Coronavirus: What You Need to Know web page tracks state initiatives and other state data.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a COVID-19 website for workers and employers that addresses the disease and provides guidance and other resources for preventing exposure and infection.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has issued guidance entitled SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus, explaining how the SBA is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The SBA also offers Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources and information on the Paycheck Protection Program.
- State Resources
- NJ DOL
- NJ Earned Sick Leave, UE, NJTDB, FLI, WC
- NJ Use of Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Phone Numbers for State and Local Health Departments
Our vendor partner ThinkHR provides live support from their team of SPHR certified professionals, a complete library of up-to-date documents, resources, and templates, and over 200 online training courses for employer groups and their staff, to our clients at no charge. Below are additional helpful resources to help navigate the COVID-19 crisis:
- Acknowledgment of Receipt for Company Property
- COVID-19 FAQ
- COVID-19 in the Workplace (sample communication)
- Communication to Employees
- Deciding Who to Recall from Furlough or Layoff
- Employee Notice – Face Coverings
- Essential Business Letter (COVID-19)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- FFCRA Leave Request Form, Policy
- FFCRA Sample Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Furlough Letter (COVID-19)
- Return to Work Checklist
- Telecommuting Agreement, Checklist
- Webinars + 2-Minute Videos: COVID-19 in the workforce
- Welcome Back (COVID-19 Return to Work)
- Work from Home Agreement, Policy